The project of rebuilding the station was part of a large redevelopment project of the Warsaw city lines made by the company PÖRY Infra GmbH as a result of the agreement signed on Nov. 26, 2008. Reconstruction station Warszawa Stadion was the first stage of this project.
Contractor for the project was a consortium consisting of companies: Polish branch of Bilfinger Berger (Bilfinger Berger Construction joint stock company) and Agat joint stock company - February 14, 2011 an agreement was signed with a value of 64 195 486.68 zł gross. Completion date is established on October 31, 2011, but ultimately the station was opened May 5, 2012 with 7 month delay.
Range expansion and reconstruction of the station took:
- connection to the National Stadium subway stop
- reconstruction of track structure with substructure and drainage,
- modernization of platforms, including:
- adaptation to the existing standards for the disabled,
- construction of platform canopies,
- reconstruction of catenary and signaling equipment,
- rebuilding of non-traction electricity (lighting),
- construction of an acoustic screen.